Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Bible marketing

On my way home the other day, I was at the Metro station in Stockholm and I saw an advert that had a tagline, “Alternative sources of energy”. My first association was related to an energy company promoting solar energy or a company with alternative sources of fuel. Upon closer examination, the advert was for The Bible – yes, as in the story of creation, human free will, the fallen angel, etc. The marketing devil in me thought that this was a catchy tagline. Then I started to think, who is the marketing director for The Bible? What kind of marketing budget would you spend – what marketing channels would be most appropriate? How would you attract new target groups? Who has exclusive rights to The Bible? Is The Bible a registered trademark or brand? What is the copyright? Looking forward to your comments.

No comments: